Kelly Clarkson


Album:
All I Ever Wanted
(RCA/ Sony)

Genre:
Pop, Ballads

Discography:
Thankful (2003)
Breakaway (2004)
My December (2007)

Review:
I suppose most people have a different favourite ‘American Idol’. The country gang took Carrie Underwood to their hearts, Daughtry became an angsty rocker and somewhere there still linger Fantasia Barrino fans. Right now the two Davids are doing some sort of battle, but for me the ultimate idol remains Kelly.

She’s always had great singles like “Breakaway” and “Behind These Hazel Eyes”. This album is her fourth and it’s no different. It kicks off with an excellent one-two combination of “My Life Would Suck Without You” and “I Do Not Hook Up”.

She seems to have toned down her rocker-chick wannabe moments (with the possible exception of “Long Shot”) and brought back a strong dose of melody, and her upbeat songs sound like a classier version of something that Pink or Avril would do.

Kelly can still do ballads, and tunes like “Cry”, “Save You” and “Already Gone” are almost effortlessly emotional. In fact, while it’s possible to gripe that this album is a little too slick and could be a little more daring, I dare say this is the perfectly crafted pop-rock album … for our time at least.

Post a Comment

0 Comments